- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
- Chicago, IL, USA
About the roleSupport tactical planning and execution of merchandising and marketing programs at select Dyson third party retailers and fulfill general retail team responsibilities including ad hoc reporting.
Manage cross-functional projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Work collaboratively across the sales and marketing functions to support the execution of new product launches and marketing campaigns at select third party retailers
- Facilitate good project management as it relates to the key aspects; organization, communication, understanding, timing, cost and post-mortem analysis
- Own and drive projects through to completion including corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution
- Manage project budgets to ensure efficient spend
- Apply understanding of retailer’s unique environments to the creation and execution of merchandising programs and marketing campaigns
- Own delivery of in store and retailer.com marketing from beginning to end: from excellent briefs, outstanding project management and perfect execution
- Partner with Sales account managers to ensure that Dyson products are represented in the best interests of the brand, the retailer and the customer
- Provide methods for the reporting of the status of projects to the department, manage status communication and ensure that every opportunity is given for the team to understand project activity
- Own project trackers to retailer information is clearly documented, maintained and accessible
- Learn, master and seek to improve existing processes, including purchase order approval, contract reviews, and brief writing
- Work with manager to ensure that any issues are escalated, communicated and resolved in an appropriate manner
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Collaborate with retail team to update records and reporting as needed
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or related discipline
- Some experience in a Marketing or creative environment preferred
- Strong communication skills; this person can present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely.
- Attention to detail, organization, and accuracy in reporting.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Curiosity and initiative to explore and learn
- Experience with MS Office – especially Excel / PPT
- Can demonstrate a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Quick thinker to solve problems, draw financial conclusions and make fast, accurate decisions.
- Travel to retail stores may be required; driver’s license preferred.
- Must display the following Dyson values:
- Authentic – acting with integrity, respecting Dyson people and being responsible
- Different – seeing opportunities where others see problems
- Pioneering – Being brave, curious and embracing innovation
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match and additional discretionary 2% Profit Sharing
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Wellness Program
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.#LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.