- SGD Competitive
- Retail Operations
- Singapore - Singapore
This role will take on the responsibility of ensuring that each member of our retail staff will be have the tools and the knowledge required to deliver a consistent and outstanding customer experience in each of our retail locations.
The role will report into to the Global Retail Operations Director and will be part of the Dyson Demo Store Team, based in Singapore.
About the roleSummaryThe main purpose of this role is to develop and implement the Dyson Demo store global people & training strategy, working in partnership with regional and market leads to create and scale all future staffing and training related initiatives.
From a staffing standpoint, this role will ensure that Dyson Retail People are correctly organized and structured to ensure an outstanding customer experience focusing on the achievement of both quantitative and qualitative KPIs.
From a training standpoint, this role will be responsible for the roll-out of new soft skills and development, operational projects, product campaigns and new product training. The ability to interpret data and insights and communicate it in a way that drives action and engagement with Dyson Demo stores is critical.
The role will rely on the ability to develop strong relationships with others, act as an expert, influencer and advisor for senior stakeholders and ensure that global people & training programmes are innovative and scalable using shop floor feedback and insight.
This role also requires a high level of strategic thinking, connecting the dots across market trends and training needs in order to deliver a future proof strategy. This needs to be balanced with being in the detail of design, facilitating virtual and face to face workshops, digital training content, creating bespoke how to demo training toolkits. Working closely with the Director of Retail Experience & Design and Global Retail Operations Director to align across Dyson Demo and 3rd party retail will be key.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage key stakeholder relationships – through regular communication and expectation management
- Build best in class data tracking, reporting and governance with key metrics/KPI’s for all training and staffing initiatives
- Manage external supplier relationships for digital solutions related to training & staffing functionalities
- Build 2-way communication and feedback channels with all Dyson Demo stores to shape future needs and increase engagement – Pulse survey, Dyson Learning, social collaboration or communities.
People & Staffing
- Design in collaboration with the Regional Leads optimal staffing model according to various retail store formats
- Drive efficiencies in the allocation of in-store resources, while ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Collaborate with Global HR Team to finalise and deliver a robust Global Retail Incentive scheme able to drive both quantitative and qualitative retail metrics
- Keep up to date with research and latest thinking to enhance how we digitally connect with our Retail people in the new norm (post-Covid)
- Design and deliver all soft skills and behavioural development including career development and leadership skills
- Implement and embed the global talent framework, working with the Global People function to adapt their tools
- Create cutting edge training content, working with external suppliers and Dyson Learning Team (Cornerstone).
- Design of training programs and tools, assist in the publication and implementation of materials
- Collaborate with global training community and Dyson Demo stores, gain insight and best practice on what training tools and languages are required for the future and ensuring what exists now is fit for purpose.
- Continually introduce new ways to improve the learning experience in order to drive engagement and completion of digital learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years’ experience in people & training roles
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience training field sales team strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with all presentation formats: small or large groups, customer facing, and virtual
- Strong experience of coaching and developing others and facilitating soft skills and behavioural training
- Experience of successfully delivering large scale complex projects
- Strong prioritisation, project management and delivery skills
- Experience of working in a retail environment, ideally global (preferred)
- Be comfortable with managing multiple stakeholders needs
- Be comfortable with constant change and ambiguity
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.