- Product Design, Robotics and Machine Learning
- United Kingdom
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. You will be creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic.
- Initiate new product concepts and ideas and identify market opportunities from a blank sheet of paper.
- Contribute to the vision specification and business case for new product concepts, including development budget and running costs.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas - host brainstorms, gather research, select and present ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Work seamlessly with research teams to utilise the wealth of technical skills in research teams to get best value from Dyson technologies.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- Design reviews with James Dyson and/or Executive, as required.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle
- Experience of delivering robust design solutions on time, to specification and within cost and budget constraints
- Happy providing a creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes
- Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing
- Experience of Python, MATLAB or C/C++ would be beneficial
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines