- Electronics, Robotics and Machine Learning
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal: build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance.
Dyson is the place to show what you can do, and love doing it.
Dyson seeks applicants who have first-hand experience of robotics and a portfolio of robotics projects. Applicants are not required to have existing experience with locomotion, manipulation or cognition.
We seek people with initiative, creativity, and the ability to learn fast, along with a cross-section of skills that will make a contribution to the company. Our job descriptions are intended to be examples of sets of skills that would be useful, rather than narrow definitions.
Dyson is building the highest performance robots possible. This means creating primarily custom PCBs, electronic systems, and embedded code designed along with the mechanical and software team. Examples include battery management, sensor integration, EtherCAT data bus integration, wiring harness design, power electronics and BLDC servo amplifier design, interfaces to external perception sensors, and integration with a user interface via wireless connections.
You will be an electrical engineer, designing and assembling electronics for robots prototypes and test rigs. You will feel comfortable designing and assembling one-off boards for rapid prototyping as well as cost-effective boards for production.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Commercial experience designing PCBs, working with embedded software, microcontrollers, data buses, etc.
- Experience with assembling and debugging PCBs and electronic components by hand
- Experience working with robotic systems, power electronics, high-speed bus design, and/or DFM
- Extensive experience with sensors typically found on robotic systems
- Familiarity with other domains of mechatronic system design, such as low level embedded system coding, high level control systems, and mechanical design
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines