- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. We're looking for a Team Lead within our Robotics Research team to drive high performance whilst supporting and nurturing a growing team of specialist roboticists.
AccountabilitiesLead technically and manage the Control Team on a daily basis, orient researches and guide a team of young researchers. Convert theoretical ideas or papers into concrete implementations that can be proven in the real-world. Develop the core control software, including defining and scoping of the work, for yourself and for the team members Implement and optimize methods and algorithms for embedded systems.
- Extensive experience with MATLAB/Simulink and C/C++, ROS
- Master's or PhD degree in Robotics Engineering, Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, electrical engineering, aeronautical engineering or computer science plus 2 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience developing, debugging, and optimizing real-time controls on highly dynamic machines
- Deep understanding of under-actuated robot controls development and multi-body kinematics/dynamics
- Strong knowledge of control theory Forward and Inverse Kinematics and Dynamics, Impedance control
- Self–motivation and ability to multitask with Excellent level of analytical ability
- Initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and help others
- Previous managerial or mentoring experience