- MYR Competitive Remuneration Package
- Robotics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson began 30 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the role
You'll be an experienced firmware engineer with excellent hardware validation knowledge. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will contribute to the development of manufacturing test program to identify any defects during the development stages before handing it over to manufacturing support engineers.
You will closely work with a group of robotics firmware engineers and robotics specialists, to develop manufacturing test program to validate the manufactured/assembled robot hardware, making sure they function as intended before packaging and shipping out.
You'll have a desire to automate, simplify and improve the manufacturing process across different technical domains.
- Working in an agile cross-functional team to develop and validate manufacturing test program for robotics products.
- Analyse and triage failures, report and track anomalies. Report progress and escalate issues on time to stakeholders.
- (Production Validation) help validate the fixture and test stations setup
- (Trouble shooting) analyse and triage manufacture failure during development stages and hand-over to manufacturing support engineers after going into mass production.
- Participate in reviews for manufacturing test requirements
- Perform analysis and improvement on the existing validation software
- Perform regression testing whenever necessary
- Contribute to test KPI activities by leading the continuous improvement activities
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related fields
- Knowledge and expertise in Test Engineering processes (Agile, continuous integration, waterfall) and methods for test case design and test coverage optimization.
- Knowledge and expertise in test automation methodologies.
- Programming experience in scripting languages is required, such as Python and Bash.
- Extensive experience with bug/anomaly tracking and triage systems
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills is required
- Passionate with manufacture automation and curious to explore ways to improve current process.
- Detailed oriented, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in embedded system is a plus.
- Experience with test lab development and support is a plus
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills; ability to communicate the effectiveness and results of complex test scenarios to stakeholders.
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams, and technically support development.
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Fluent in spoken and written English
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.