- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
AccountabilitiesWhether you are with us for 12 weeks or 12 months, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your tasks could include:
• Developing mechanical parts • Using creative problem solving to produce effective design solutions • Designing and building proof-of-principle rigs • Hand-producing prototypes • Testing prototypes to validate design decisions • Defining product specifications and design of production parts
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. You’ll be sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining to deliver the high standards of product development Dyson is based on and working on ideas that will transform markets. You’ll need to be thoroughly hands on, practically applying your technical knowledge with a creative flair to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship. And if you excel, there could be an offer of a graduate position at the end.
SkillsOur internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.