- Data Science
- Singapore - Singapore
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst intern to join the Business Intelligence Team in our world class Research Design and Development department. Our Business Intelligence Team is responsible for global reporting and the analysis of projects during the product development stage. The team plays a vital role in supporting the engineering teams worldwide.
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
AccountabilitiesYou will be working with the Business Intelligence team to ensure that the reporting needs of the business stakeholders are met. The team is responsible for capturing requirements, designing, building and deploying reports according to stakeholders’ needs. They are responsible for the end to end delivery of insightful data and analysis.
You will be assigned to a live project team putting your skill set into practice from the get go. Some of your tasks may include:
- Supporting and maintaining existing reports and dashboards
- Capturing clear requirements direct from business stakeholders
- Iterating report solutions using a design, build and test methodology
- Using best practice design and visualisation techniques to allow users to see and understand their data
- Creating analytical solutions that impress, inspire and become essential tools
- Review and deliver insightful recommendations based on analytical solutions
Apart from the technical know-how, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. With a combination of hands on experience and dedicated training, we will offer you the chance to develop your skills and experience.
SkillsOur internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems or related discipline
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks
- Have completed at least one year of university-level study
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve problems with an analytical and logical approach
- Able to understand and manipulate large and complex data sets
- Enthusiastic about data analysis and data visualization (e.g. tableau or statistical experience) - this can be demonstrated through your project or past experience
- A quick learner and an effective communicator – to be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
Applications will close on 2 February 2020.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Updated academic transcript
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.