- Robotics, Research Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson robotics.
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal: build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance.
Dyson’s Robotics Team focuses on enabling technologies: processing, sensors, actuators and energy. Proof of concept using state of the art techniques and integrating all aspects on robotics to create complex and capable robotic products.
Dyson offers the exciting opportunity for aspiring mechanical / mechatronics engineers to join our expanding Robotics Research team.
Whether you join us for an Industrial Attachment programme or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Whichever domain you join, you’ll be applying your university knowledge to make our machines smart and reliable.
Depending on your area of expertise, your accountabilities may include:
- Design sensing solutions and attachments for robot systems
- Design and prototyping of physical components (using CAD + Dyson proto shop)
- Design of Experiments to benchmark system performance
- System integration and testing (Software/Hardware)
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with people with a varying technical background to ensure our solutions are functional, reliable, secure and easy to use. So as well as the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Robotics or related discipline/specialization
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks
- Have completed at least three years of university-level study
- Be passionate in hardware design and prototyping
- Familiar with 3D Modelling tools like Solidworks, Siemens NX
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Applications will close on 31 March 2020.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position for Robotics Research (Mechatronics or Software/Machine Learning). Only one application per candidate will be processed and you are not encouraged to apply for multiple roles. Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.