- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson offers the opportunity for aspiring software engineers to join one of the following teams below for your internship:
The Intelligent Machines team is responsible for developing robotics behaviour software including robotics algorithm development and software implementation for the targeted hardware for our products and ecosystem.
The Embedded Software team is responsible for the software development for Dyson’s products including its connectivity, embedded software, state machines, user interface and bootloaders.
The Cloud team is involved in delivering world-class, cost-effective Dyson Connected cloud solutions to enable seamless connected experience to Dyson consumers and allow Dyson to learn how to make products even better.
The App team is responsible for the development of the Dyson Link mobile application. The team develops the app for both iOS and Android, and the app enables customer to activate, schedule and monitor Dyson’s connected machines such as air purifiers, lighting products and robots.
The Software Test team focuses on software integration and feature testing of subsystems developed by the development software teams. The team is responsible for the software testing of all Dyson’s products, as well as working on the automation of such tests to ensure that it can be performed quickly and easily.
AccountabilitiesWhether you join us for an Industrial Attachment programme or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Depending on your skillset you could be working on real time embedded software, Mobile App development, debugging, cloud computing or fast prototyping in C/C++.
Whichever team you join, you’ll be applying your university knowledge to make our machines smart and reliable.
Depending on your area of expertise your accountabilities may include:
- Software design, implementation, testing and integration in the embedded, app and server domains
- Data preparation, data cleaning, data analysis, and modelling of complex consumer product
- Algorithm selection, optimisation, and calibration
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviours with key stakeholders
- Developing technical solutions for new & existing product streams for large volume manufacture
- Creating & managing requirements / specifications
- Verifying & validating solutions against requirements
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
SkillsWorking at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Robotics, Information Systems or related discipline
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks
- Have completed at least one year of university-level study
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, C++
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
Applications will close on 2 February 2020.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Updated academic transcript
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.