- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleAs a Graduate Acoustic & Vibration Engineer, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get go. Working together with a larger project team in Technology System Department, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your main tasks could include:
- Responsible for REQs, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) to drive vision performance for the project.
- Supports project development by adhering to Milestone Process.
- Propose design mitigations to achieve performance targets.
- Collaborates with the project team to drive delivery of the project.
- To run basic simulations and works with the technician to plan tests for timely delivery of results to project
About youDelivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honors or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Mechatronics, Acoustic Engineering or related discipline
- Graduating in August/September 2021
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Good working knowledge of mechanical engineering, vibration, signal processing, and statistical analysis.
- Basic competency in Matlab, Minitab, Excel to drive analysis of data for timely delivery of solutions/verification reports.
- Experience on measurement hardware and software for data acquisition, such as National Instruments, MATLAB, and LabVIEW is preferred.
- Competent in the use and application of CAD/CAE tools in general. Experience in the UG and ANSYS suite of products is preferred.
- Able to communicate ideas in a succinct manner in any forms of communication (i.e. – Email, Power-point, Word etc...)
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Ability to analyse and creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plan
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world - to develop technical competencies by being actively involved in projects, self-learning, training and shares fundamental knowledge with engineers from other functions to increase overall capability of RDD.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
-Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
-Updated academic transcript/degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one graduate position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other graduate roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.