- Research Engineering, Software Engineering and Connectivity, Machine learning
- Singapore - Singapore
The Machine Learning team is responsible for delivering tangibly intelligent devices across all current, and future, product categories at Dyson.
Working alongside researchers, engineers, and designers, we blend cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques inventing novel solutions to 'impossible' problems.
You will play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing team, developing intelligent features to enable core functionality in products that most can’t even imagine.
About the roleAs a graduate, you will be an integral part of the project and some of your tasks could include:
- Work alongside scientists, designers and research engineers to provide analytic insight into Dyson’s research challenges and support to operational issues
- Perform investigatory analysis of large multivariate datasets, identifying opportunities to apply machine learning techniques to extract meaning and derive value
- Characterise classifier or algorithm performance against defined project objectives; proposed implementation environment; and associated computational constraints
- Collaborate with research engineers to recommend improvements to data collection and experimental strategy to optimise system performance
- Application of statistical methods to establish confidence in findings
- Design and develop clean, documented, and easy to maintain code
- Produce reports and presentations summarising progress against team and project goals, effectively and engagingly presenting complex technical information and analysis to senior management
- Generation of novel intellectual property
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with teams from product developers to electronics engineers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. On top of the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
About youWorking at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in.
You’ll also need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a relevant bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics or related discipline
- Familiar with machine learning algorithm development and implementation in complex systems including hardware, software application and cloud-based components
- Experienced in feature extraction, time series analysis, signal processing, and statistical modelling
- Able to program in both high and low-level languages as appropriate, for example Java, Python, C, C++ or Matlab
- Experienced in applying machine learning and data analysis techniques against real-world problems would be desirable
- Enthusiastic to learn and share new methods and techniques
- Able to demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one graduate position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other graduate roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.