- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
Our Manufacturing Engineering department supports Dyson’s engineers worldwide, turning ideas into ground-breaking technology. Involved early in the design stage, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently, yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for either one of the following periods:
- 17 May to 6 August (minimum 12 weeks) or
- August to December (minimum 20 weeks)
About the role
As an intern, you’ll be learning from industry experts and gaining invaluable exposure to the inner workings of Dyson. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, demonstrating your technical skills and contributing to your team, whilst developing your knowledge of Dyson and our technology. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Guide and work with Research, Design and Development and Manufacturing Engineering teams to deliver best practice regarding assembly and/or component manufacturing processes, in the most cost efficient way whilst ensuring product quality and reliability targets are achieved
- Work with contract manufacturing assembly and production providers
- Lead or participate in data driven risk analysis to enable informed review of manufacturing plans
- Work with global cross functional teams
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying in an Engineering discipline.
- Able to commit full-time for at least 12 weeks from May to August or 20 weeks from August to December
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Graduating in June/December 2022
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving and passionate about Dyson and our technology to help meet our ambitious future plans
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for another internship role should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.