- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for either one of the following periods:
- 17 May to 6 August (minimum 12 weeks) or
- August to December (minimum 20 weeks)
About the role
You’ll be assigned to one of these three discipline teams (Noise & Vibration, Fluid/Thermo-Dynamics, Structural Analysis). Working with a mentor, you’ll have your own set of deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Computational modelling (eg. computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis, 1D modelling in Matlab/Simulink)
- Application of experimental techniques in acoustics, fluid/thermo-dynamics or structural mechanics.
- Validation of computational modelling using experimental techniques
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterisation and validation.
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. We are looking for interns who are passionate in these disciplines, and are able to apply their learnings in universities to real-life engineering problems:
You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Structural, Aerospace, Acoustic or related discipline.
- Able to commit full-time for at least 12 weeks from May to August or 20 weeks from August to December
- Graduating in June/December 2022
- Have undertook modules related to the disciplines of fluid/thermo-dynamics, noise & vibration, or structural mechanics. Able to translate learning to real-life engineering problems.
- Familiar with ANSYS Mechanical, ANSYS Fluent, Matlab/Simulink, or any other computational modelling software would be a bonus
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving and passionate about Dyson and our technology to help meet our ambitious future plans.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for another internship role should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.