- Data Science
- Singapore - Singapore
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst intern to join the Data team embedded within the Global Quality function.
The team is responsible of analysing data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next.
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022, who would be able to commit full-time for August to December (minimum 20 weeks)
About the role
You will be working with the Data team to identify opportunities and uncover insights from a diverse set of data sources such as CRM, Consumer Reviews, Manufacturing Data and Connected Devices.
You will be assigned to a live project team putting your skill sets into practice from the get-go. Some of your tasks may include:
- Identifying and analysing data from a diverse set of data sources
- Gathering, extracting and modelling data using analytical and statistical tools
- Supporting and maintaining existing databases
- Capturing clear requirements direct from business stakeholders
- Using best practice design and visualisation techniques to allow users to see and understand their data
- Reviewing and delivering insightful opportunities and recommendations based on analytical solutions
Apart from the technical know-how, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. With a combination of hands-on experience and dedicated training, we will offer you the chance to develop your skills and experience.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistical or related discipline
- Able to commit full-time for at least 20 weeks from August to December
- Graduating in 2022 or Jun 2023
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve problems with an analytical and logical approach
- Able to understand and manipulate large and complex data sets
- Familiar with SQL and/or cloud environments
- Enthusiastic about data analysis and data visualization (e.g. tableau, PowerBI, Qlik or statistical experience) - this can be demonstrated through your project or past experience
- A quick learner and an effective communicator – to be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
We like people who show some get-up-and-go and passion for what they do. We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.