- Robotics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
Join us as a graduate and you’ll be supporting the evolution of Dyson’s connected products. Since we launched our first connected product in 2014, our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, are all cementing Dyson's place as a pioneering global technology enterprise.
Dyson offers the opportunity for aspiring graduate software engineers to join one of the following teams below.
The Intelligent Machines team is responsible for developing robotics behaviour software including robotics algorithm development and software implementation for the targeted hardware for our products and ecosystem.
The Embedded Software team is responsible for the software development for Dyson’s products including its connectivity, embedded software, state machines, user interface and bootloaders.
The Cloud team is involved in delivering world-class, cost-effective Dyson Connected cloud solutions to enable seamless connected experience to Dyson consumers and allow Dyson to learn how to make products even better.
The App team is responsible for the development of the Dyson Link mobile application. The team develops the app for both iOS and Android, and the app enables customer to activate, schedule and monitor Dyson’s connected machines such as air purifiers, lighting products and robots.
The Software Test team focuses on software integration and feature testing of subsystems developed by the development software teams. The team is responsible for the software testing of all Dyson’s products, as well as working on the automation of such tests to ensure that it can be performed quickly and easily.
About the roleWhatever your specialism, you’ll be playing a key role in making our machines smart and reliable. As a Graduate Software Engineer you could be working across a number of our teams and depending on your area of expertise, your accountabilities may include:
- Software design, implementation, testing and integration in the embedded, app and server domains
- Data preparation, data cleaning, data analysis, and modelling of complex consumer product
- Algorithm selection, optimisation, and calibration
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviours with key stakeholders
- Developing technical solutions for new & existing product streams for large volume manufacture
- Creating & managing requirements / specifications
- Verifying & validating solutions against requirements
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
About youWorking at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Robotics, Information Systems or related discipline
- Graduating in August/September 2021
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, C++/C, C#
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one graduate position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other graduate roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.