- Robotics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson connected machines. Since we launched our first connected machine in 2014, our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, are all cementing Dyson's place as a pioneering global technology enterprise.
Dyson offers the opportunity for aspiring software engineers to join one of the following teams below for your internship:
The Intelligent Machines team is responsible for developing robotics behaviour software including robotics algorithm development and software implementation for the targeted hardware for our products and ecosystem.
The Embedded Software team is responsible for the software development for Dyson’s products including its connectivity, embedded software, state machines, user interface and bootloaders.
The Cloud team is involved in delivering world-class, cost-effective Dyson Connected cloud solutions to enable seamless connected experience to Dyson consumers and allow Dyson to learn how to make products even better.
The App team is responsible for the development of the Dyson Link mobile application. The team develops the app for both iOS and Android, and the app enables customer to activate, schedule and monitor Dyson’s connected machines such as air purifiers, lighting products and robots.
The Software Test team focuses on software integration and feature testing of subsystems developed by the development software teams. The team is responsible for the software testing of all Dyson’s products, as well as working on the automation of such tests to ensure that it can be performed quickly and easily.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for either one of the following periods:
- 17 May to 6 August (minimum 12 weeks) or
- August to December (minimum 20 weeks)
About the role
You’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Depending on your skillset you could be working on real time embedded software, Mobile App development, debugging, cloud computing or fast prototyping in C/C++.
Whichever team you join, you’ll be applying your university knowledge to make our machines smart and reliable.
Depending on your area of expertise your accountabilities may include:
- Software design, implementation, testing and integration in the embedded, app and server domains
- Data preparation, data cleaning, data analysis, and modelling of complex consumer product
- Algorithm selection, optimisation, and calibration
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviours with key stakeholders
- Developing technical solutions for new & existing product streams for large volume manufacture
- Creating & managing requirements / specifications
- Verifying & validating solutions against requirements
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with teams from product developers to electronics engineers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. So as well as the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Robotics, Information Systems or related discipline
- Able to commit full-time for at least 12 weeks from May to August or 20 weeks from August to December
- Graduating in June/December 2022
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, C++, C, Java
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for another internship role should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.