- MYR Competitive
- Compliance and approvals
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
This department is responsible to ensure that all Dyson products are in compliance with all relevant Safety, Materials and EMC regulations, standards and legislations
- Determines product safety approval test scope, develops a preliminary plan of compliance, and determines project specifications such as cost, lead time, and sample requirements by analyzing product category available supplemental data, product specification and construction.
- Ensure all the test activities are carried out strictly according to the appropriate international test standards (UL / IEC / EN / JIS / EU directives).
- Examines test samples, blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance, provides feedback to project design team regarding issues and/or problems with test, data sheets and reviews test and construction data issued by SAT Lab Team.
- Collaborate with Senior Safety Compliance Engineer / Safety Compliance Manager for any non-compliance and test concerns. Ensure all findings are consolidated through appropriate communication method to Project Design Team for immediate attention.
- Working with SAT Lab team for pre compliance and compliance testing. Ensuring that details information as regards to the projects are suffice to proceed the testing.
- Collaborate with SAT Lab team for any new standard requirement that demand for new test method.
- Working with approval agencies and 3rd party test laboratories for the purposes of obtaining testing, evaluation services, consultation and product safety certification.
- Collaborate with company country distributors for countries product safety approval/ certificate renewal application.
- Leading and coordinate the Safety Compliance REQ from RDD design team for all product category with Safety Compliance Engineer globally and SAT Lab team.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Degree or equivalent experience in electrical/electronic discipline
- At least 2 years experience on a broad range of EMC duties
- Understanding of International Safety standards for home appliance such as IEC, UL, GB and EN
- Experience in identifying the root cause of problems and solve them efficiently with analytical skill
- Project management skills & capability to coordinate at different levels within the business
- Experience in detailed reporting skills record keeping
- Ability to handle a broad and complex workload