- Hullavington - United Kingdom
• Lead the Passive Safety Electronics, development and application to our Automotive programme
• Responsible for delivery of Passive Safety Electronics (RCM, ORC, Occupant Classification and detection systems, etc.)
• Lead internal cross functional team (PMST) to achieve delivery
• Work with Electrical / Electronic Engineering team to integrate Systems into wider vehicle architecture.
• Define component & system level targets to meet internal and legislative whole vehicle targets (specified by the Safety PAT).
• Lead control of external suppliers, oversee their commodity plan progress and DVP, and report out.
• Manage financial status (supplier D&D, tooling budgets) to meet programme targets for Quality, Cost and Delivery.
• Support PAT to define crash test programme, develop calibrations & algorithms with supplier.
• Lead and apply Failure Mode Avoidance activities (FMEA, etc.)
• Carry out engineering releases, manage Problem reports, prepare input to gateway reviews.
• 3 years + experience working as PMST leader in the automotive environment
• Good Engineering knowledge / experience.
• Engineering degree to min 2:1 level.
• Experience delivering Passive safety electronics on at least one complete vehicle programme.
• Experience working in and leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex commodities.
• Experience using formal problem solving methodology (e.g. 6 Sigma, 8D, PSS) to find root cause and resolve complex issues.
• Good interpersonal skills and able to integrate with wider commodity delivery teams.
• Strong project management skills.
• Basic CAD skills to enable packaging of owned hardware
• Electronics Engineering first degree
• Familiarity with OCS, SBR, STS
• Experience of building and releasing an RCM crash calibration with a Tier 1 supplier
• BEV exposure
• Wider safety commodity experience.
• Good negotiation / persuasion techniques
• Knowledge of ISO 26262 and application to Passive safety.
•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Performance related bonus
• Free on-site parking
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Private Medical and Dental