- Competitive base + bonus
- Energy storage, Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering, Science
- Ann Arbor - USA
- Location details
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Work with Research team to design and fabricate components and devices in support of battery process development.
- Ensure the safety and reliability during machining and usage.
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe.
- Maintain supporting documentation to ensure accurate handovers.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams.
- Prepare for design/Research reviews & participate in as required.
- Own/contribute to team/department level initiatives & change projects.
- Such other comparable duties as may be required by Manager of Process Development.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably mechanical, electromechanical, product design or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in design/fabrication environment – direct involvement in concepting, part design, and tooling.
- Good working knowledge of 3D CAD, CAM, technical drawing, and 3D printing.
- Good knowledge of materials and its application.
- Good working knowledge of machining including mill, lathe and CNC.
- Good understanding of prototyping and product verification testing.
- Is able to confidently and competently communicate complex issues to varying levels of audiences in an effective manner both verbally and in writing.
- Has the ability and flexibility to work effectively in an evolving environment as well as able to react positively and adapt to challenging situations.
- Willing to think outside of the box and challenge the norm with a realistic approach.
- Is responsible and accountable for their work.
- Has the resilience to overcome obstacles and manage difficult situations.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave, and industry leading health care contributions. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.