- Competitive Base + Bonus
- Retail Operations
- Baltimore, MD, USA
The Sales and Service Technician position supports the Dyson Service Center by providing on-site service and technical support to Dyson owners all while delivering an iconic customer experience. Technicians are also responsible for helping the Service Center meet sales goals and objectives by selling Dyson products to new and existing customers. Dyson Service Centers are work environments requiring weekend and evening hours as well as the ability to work in a small team. This is a full-time position with a competitive starting hourly rate + bonus opportunity and full benefits package available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Technical Service & Support
- Manage and deliver an iconic customer experience
- Provide customers with technical support including the servicing/repairing of their Dyson products
- Responsible for the proper diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of Dyson customer products to include vacuums, fans, air purifiers, hair-dryers and other products
- Properly manage parts usage and inventory as required and/or directed
- Provide real time feedback to Service Team regarding technical support issues to assist team on improving customer experience and product reliability opportunities
- Capture and report any emerging product reliability and safety issues
Proactively Sell Dyson Products
- Communicate information on other Dyson products to promote cross-selling opportunities and services to existing customers
- Identify and capture sales opportunities with new and existing customers to drive revenue and achieve conversion rates
- Effectively develop rapport with customer to identify best product to fit their needs and close the sale
- Input customer sales information into Dyson POS system in order to process orders efficiently and in a timely manner
- Submit daily/weekly reports of products and customers serviced; complete other reporting as necessary
- Support Service Team in evaluating needs and opportunities to best support Dyson consumer repairs in region
- Assist Service Team in evaluating ongoing training needs
- Support all repair products and/or training activity through personal liaison
- Ensure all process activity is communicated and Dyson service levels are understood and exercised
- Assist Service Team in investigation escalated repair instances
· Relish opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service and/or sales environment required
- Product servicing and/or repair experience preferred
- Basic electrical and mechanical knowledge preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- High level ability to troubleshoot product faults and provide proper resolution
- High level of customer service orientation required—a desire to help or serve others, to identify, meet and exceed their needs and expectations
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people at all levels of a business
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; strong presentation skills required
· Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel required; SharePoint experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Knowledge of Dyson products would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, select holidays and required overtime
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Dyson US monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and retirement plans. But financial rewards are just the start of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth and new opportunities are driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.