- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking.Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products. We have been building steadily from there, adding new categories as well as products to the connected stable with over 3 million products now connected globally. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
About the roleWe’re building world-class, high performing Agile teams with active and involved Product Owners, adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision of the connected space. In order to gain pace and agility, we promote the empowerment of our team members, allowing them to make decisions and develop their ways of working using the key Agile principles of inspection and adaption. An environment of trust exists where issues can be aired without fear of blame with an emphasis on problem solving.
We have adopted the SAFe framework to enable us to collaborate more effectively with agile teams in app, embedded software and robot intelligence. This is paying dividends with the early identification of cross functional dependencies, enabling us to release integrated features more efficiently and frequently
- Ensuring the Scrum principles and methodologies are adhered to.
- Working closely with the Product Owner to ensure well defined User Stories are created and prioritised ready for the team to deliver.
- Helping the team to implement a consistency of approach and quality of output.
- Working with fellow Scrum Masters to refine and develop the Scrum processes and share and adopt good practice, behaviours and innovative ideas.
- Collaborating with the Cloud Release Train Engineer and Scrum Masters from other release trains to identify and manage cross-team dependencies.
- Experience in Agile delivery, ideally for multiple teams
- Must be able to garner respect from his/her team
- Good communicator
- Ability to coach, empower and lead teams to self-organisation
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience of working with SAFe an advantage
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.