- Competitive hourly rate
- Portland, OR, USA
Dyson has taken the Beauty world by storm since launching the Supersonic Hairdryer, the most awarded hair dryer of 2017! Our focus on innovation created a new category of premium beauty tools now revered by beauty gurus, professional stylists, and consumers worldwide. Now, we’re looking for talented beauty enthusiasts to join our team!
We are seeking licensed professionals with a passion for retail to represent Dyson in conjunction with our premium beauty retail partners. This role is the cornerstone of bringing Dyson Personal Care products to life, turning shoppers into satisfied Dyson owners.
Stylists will be responsible for sharing product knowledge confidently for hair care. Stylists are responsible for delivering hands on demonstrations that include styling, building relationships with our customers and assisting in the sale of Dyson products to achieve specified goals.
Demonstrations are conducted in a variety of retailer locations and events across the United States. This position requires work shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and some weekdays, holidays or as business dictates.
This is a seasonal fixed term work assignment ending no later than December 23rd, 2019.
· Engage with customers to conduct captivating, in-store and event demonstrations, including dry hair blowouts and styles, in assigned retail stores to achieve specified sales goals
· Present a professional image in appearance, words, and actions to support beauty demonstrations that will inspire customers and leave a lasting impression
· Be driven and self-motivated to achieve sales goals
· Provide excellent customer service, while raising brand awareness and educating customers on Dyson products
· Actively listen to customers to confidently recommend appropriate Dyson products and comfortably overcome objections by explaining the features and benefits of the products
· Build and maintain strong relationships with store, staff, and leaders at our retail partner locations
· Communicate clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner with customers, retail partners, peers, and the Beauty Manager
· Track and maintain all demonstration materials and ensure marketing collateral is properly displayed in assigned retail store/s
· Utilize Dyson’s online reporting system to contribute feedback and report attendance
· Capture accurate retail demonstration data and communicate opportunities to Beauty Manager
· Assist with training of new Stylists, as needed
· Interest or experience in the beauty industry
· Must be licensed to style hair
· Basic understanding of retail operations
· Self-motivated and able to work independently to achieve sales goals
· Ability to engage with customers and initiate conversation
· A high school diploma/ GED is preferred, but not required
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.