- Location details
- El Cerrito, CA
Dyson Makes Machines. People Make Dyson.
We are seeking seasonal sales experts with a passion for innovative technology to represent our brand as Dyson Experts. As a Dyson Expert you will specialize in delivering exciting and compelling demonstrations.
Experts will be responsible for sharing product knowledge confidently for the range of Dyson products including Environmental Care, Floor Care, and Personal Care. Experts are responsible for delivering demonstrations, building relationships with our customers and assisting in the sale of Dyson products to achieve specified goals.
Demonstrations are conducted in a variety of retailer locations and events across the United States but a Dyson Expert is typically assigned to one specific location. This position is part time and requires work shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and some weekday holidays or as business dictates.
This is a seasonal fixed term work assignment, ending no later than December 23rd, 2018.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Elevate Dyson brand awareness and sales of Dyson products through in store and event demonstrations
- Desire to provide excellent service
- Conduct planned demonstrations in assigned retail stores to achieve specified sales goals
- Capture consumers’ attention to participate in high energy, captivating in-store demonstrations and model all aspects of Dyson’s brand, culture, and passion for technology
- Be a credible product and brand expert by educating consumers on the benefits and features of Dyson products and actively listening to consumers to confidently recommend appropriate Dyson products and comfortably over objections
- Maintain responsibility for all demonstration and other POP material; ensure marketing collateral is properly displayed
- Driven and self-motivated
- Assist with training of new Experts as needed
- Demonstrate confidence and competence while demonstrating Dyson products
Communicate clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner with customers, accounts, peers, and District Expert Manager
- Actively monitor Dyson's online reporting system to contribute quality feedback and report/confirm attendance
- Capture accurate demonstration data and communicate opportunities to District Expert Manager per established guidelines
- Build and maintain strong relationships with store personel
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with people and demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Achieve a high level of performance to the sales goal of assigned territory
- Deliver exemplary support and drives sales
- Support Brand Focus Days, events and linear/fixture maintenance
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 30 lbs., potentially overhead
- Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
- Ability to provide own transportation to various store locations
- High aptitude with electronics and technology
- Must have computer with Windows 7 or above or Apply Machine with software 10.9x or above.
- Must have Internet Explorer 7.x or above, Firefox 3.x or above, or Safari (Mac)
- Minimum iOS 8.0 (iPhone 4S / iPad mini 1 / iPad2)
- Recommended iOS 10 (iPhone 5 / iPad mini 2 / iPad 4th gen)
- Minimum software 4.0.3/4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (released 2011)
- Recommended software 6.0 Marshmallow / 7.0 Nougat
Experience and Education
· HS Diploma or GED required
· Bachelor Degree a plus
· 1 year experience in a public interfacing role required
· Ability to work weekends, some weekday holidays and as business dictates, including up to an hour a week for administrative work
· Must have a professional demeanor
· Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity at all times
· Strong communication and presentation skills essential
· Charismatic and outgoing personality
· Good understanding of retail business operations; local market knowledge is a plus
· Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Must be self-motivated and be able to work well independently
· Must be available to attend and actively participate in team meetings conference calls
· Must have a valid drivers license with good driving record; reliable transportation, and ability to travel within designated region
· Attuned – Being emotionally smart
· Fighter – Getting the best result
· Architect – Creating the climate for success
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and retirement plans. But financial rewards are just the start of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth and new opportunities are driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities