- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Safeguarding our people, places and products is what our in-house security function is all about.
The background of your team is as diverse as the position itself; from the helipad to The Hangar you will work together on the front line ensuring our future technology and intellectual property is protected from global threats.
With a consistent Mon-Fri shift pattern, a competitive package and career progression, this is a unique opportunity to join a growing, passionate in-house Security function.
Monday-Friday 7am - 6pm
- Controlling and monitoring access to building entrances, research and development zones, vehicle and pedestrian gates, barriers, speed-lanes and any other site perimeter or internal ingress or egress points
- Administrate and run a card access control system, creating profiles, card upgrades, level changes and deviations as required. This includes biometrics and RFiD
- Operate and monitor CCTV cameras, reporting inappropriate activity, crime or suspicious behaviour
- Security Control Room (SCR) access control and CCTV coordination activity; in support of enterprise remotes sites, offices and retail stores
- Conducting internal, external, perimeter, carpark and other adhoc patrols as part of a structured patrol programme
- Acting as an escort for visitors, employees, VIPs and contractors, often for long durations. This includes supporting Press visits into restricted zones and other filming activities
- Supporting the Dyson heli operation; acting as HLS Marshall and first responder
- Conducting searches of employees, bags, vehicles, transit cases and other containers when directed
- Act as Chief Fire Marshall at incident control points for fire register consolidation and liaison with local authorities
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Security Officer role essential or lesser time in a role where the key accountabilities in this JD can be demonstrated
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground
- SIA qualification mandatory or a willingness to be trained once in role
- HSE qualification desirable
- Full Driving Licence essential
- Ability to work with mobile phone applications
- First Aid and Defibrillation qualification essential or willingness to be trained once in role
- Basic computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Office applications and database packages.
- Additional 25% shift allowance
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines