- £28,000 + Bonus; or £23,000 + shift allowance + Bonus
- Security and Risk
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe Security Officer role sits in the Security Operations Team and reports through to the Security Operations Manager. The Security Operations Manager and Team are geographically positioned at the Malmesbury Security Centre of Excellence and report through to the Regional Director of Security, EMEA. They are all part of Dyson Group Security.
In short, the role will be accountable for acting lawfully in direct protection of life and company property by maintaining a secure and safe environment across the estate and wider remit.
- Controlling and monitoring physical access across the Dyson sites
- Administrate and run a card access control system
- Operate and monitor a working Monitoring Centre and CCTV system
- Conducting internal, external, perimeter, carpark and other adhoc patrols
- Provide “first response” to incidents in accordance with Dyson incident management procedures.
- Support investigations ensuring a chain of evidence integrity
- Acting as a mobile response for offsite locations.
- Conducting searches of employees, bags, vehicles, transit cases and other containers when directed
- Act as Chief Fire Marshall at incident control points for fire register consolidation
- Supporting “front-of-house” services to ensure efficiency of the visitor and VIP experience.
- Acting as Reception in some higher security buildings, out of hours across the site or as directed
- Supporting events, functions and other gatherings
- Perform first aid and / or CPR as required
- Managing restricted movement of IP from secure areas.
- Understanding and aligning activities with the Dyson behaviours, Code of Ethics and other Dyson working practices
- Collate and provide statistical security data as directed, to ensure delivery to the KPI standard and to inform Return of Investment (ROI) activities
- Awareness of the Group Security Management System (SeMS). Understanding and adherence to the Security Procedures Manual
- Understanding and applying security threat methodology as instructed and directed
- SIA Door Supervisor qualification or Close Protection Licence
- Full Driving Licence essential
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Commercial Security Officer role essential or lesser time in a role where the key accountabilities in this JD can be demonstrated
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground
- Basic computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Office applications and database packages.
- Ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of issues
- Ability to work as part of a large team with a Gold Standard ambition
- Ability to embrace strategic change. Flexibility to cover open shifts as required
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload in a fast-changing environment
- HSE qualification desirable
- First Aid and Defibrillation qualification essential or willingness to be trained once in role
- SIA CCTV Licence
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.