- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Working as part of the small in-house Imagery Team, the role of the Senior 3D Artist is to push the boundaries of what we do, creatively and technically. To develop and perfect our rendered imagery by supporting the graphic communication of Dyson marketing materials for all media types, globally.
You will lead, visually and creatively. You will set the gold standard, crafting beautiful images that communicate Dysons engineering obsession. Your use of software is innovative. Workflow and pipelines are implemented skillfully and final output is of exemplary standard.
Working both independently or within teams, the Senior Artist use their initiative, dive deep into the brief and communicate fluently with both the commercial and creative teams. The role offers a good level of creative input, proactively leading on the development of your own work, whilst also working closely with Art Directors, Team Leaders and Head of Art, through key stages of image creation.
As a Senior member of the image team you will display a high-level initiative and commitment to the team’s success. You will be flexible in your approach, with the ability to quickly adapt to change. We strongly promote a culture of knowledge sharing across the team, essential for skills development. A collaborative approach to learning means there’s a two-way flow of knowledge and they’re as excited to learn as they are to teach.
As an artist, you’ve mastered the production and post production tools of your choice and have a fundamental understanding of what makes a successful image. Light, form, surface texture, colour are your bread and butter. You know how and where to use them for maximum effect. You’re consumed by the desire to improve and better the image that came before and the detail and perfection you seek is discovered in everything you see.
Your portfolio will be a feast, showcasing a mastery of the visual language. You can demonstrate the basics but also impress with innovation and intelligently crafted solutions. Your folio will demonstrate the breadth and depth of interest you have in art and exhibit the extreme attention to detail you apply to your work.
- Take briefs from the imagery team producers and develop on brand creative solutions.
- Contribute both creative and technical ideas to projects from initial concept through to final output.
- Produce high quality, accurate imagery to the specification and timescales given.
- Support the Imagery Team in delivering work for a broad range of media types in time and to budget.
- Develop a strong working relationship with other creative teams.
- Provide creative solutions to possible technical issues that may occur during a job.
- Complete work within the timescales given and adhere to the daily planning of work.
- Actively encourage the ethos to think different.
- To contribute to the team’s development and well being.
- Explore new avenues for development while pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved.
- Give and take direction on the route/s chosen and at the right time.
- Build and improve upon creativity and quality.
- Actively develop your role and responsibilities for team progression.
- Proactively work together, help other team members to deliver and improve their own results.
- The ability to be flexible within the role and your skills is a key element of the success of the team.
- There will be other areas where support to the team and department will be required, dependent upon the individual’s role, this can encompass many things and will be outlined in the individual’s job specification.
- The ability to take on a project lead position for new product briefs, to give you more ownership and accountability of a project, end to end.
- Demonstrate excellent behaviours, with a ‘can do’ attitude, with the senior members of the creative services teams.
- Inspiring others by example, demonstrating excellent leadership and people skills and cutting edge creative solutions
- The ability to take an imagery brief and Project Lead (Art Direct) this through to completion whilst working with multiple external suppliers and the in-house creative teams, when in-house 3d and retouch resource is light.
Architectural Interior Rendering
- The experience or desire to create beautifully lit and well-crafted interior spaces in which to showcase our products would be beneficial.
- An in-depth knowledge of Autodesk Maya or similar DCC package and excellent knowledge of current render engines, preferably VRay.
- Skills in polygon modelling of both mechanical and organic objects would be beneficial but not essential.
- The ability to apply both procedural and bitmap surfacing techniques, and an understanding of UV mapping.
- Physically plausible shader creation (and PBR workflows) would be beneficial.
- An excellent understanding of how light behaves in real world conditions, to facilitate the production of
high-end photorealistic imagery, this could be from either; traditional photography or CG experience.
- Skills in basic key-frame animation and ideally some VFX experience.
- Ideally you will have skills in preparing and using rendered output for post-production using Nuke.
- Great retouch skills with a thorough understanding of Adobe Photoshop and RGB to CMYK workflows.
- An excellent eye for colour is compulsory.