- SGD Competitive Salary
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson Operations Pte. Ltd. (DOPL) is Dyson’s hub entity for global operations, including product development, manufacturing, procurement and supply chain management. The company operates a research, design and development (RDD) centre of excellence, a high technology manufacturing facility, and houses the global operations executive including the Group COO.
The Hub HQ team provides operational finance support to global operations, including non-floorcare RDD, and is responsible for DOPL’s financial reporting, control and compliance. The team works closely with the factory finance team in Jurong and the shared service centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, which processes most of DOPL’s routine transactions and manages Dyson’s subcontracted supply chain.
You will report to the Senior Finance Manager – hub HQ team and work with 2 colleagues in the immediate team.
- Support the Senior
Finance Manager – hub HQ team (your line manager) on the following core areas:
- Monthly month end close process;
- Statutory filing requirements including but not limited to Annual Financial Statements (Singapore FRS and UK GAAP), liaising with the auditors, Group finance team in the UK; and
- Financial control and governance including legal and secretarial compliance.
- While you will have no direct reports, you will have two colleagues and will be expected to take the lead on specific tasks and projects. You will also work with the other operations finance teams, across 4 different sites.
- You will proactively and continuously challenge and improve everything you encounter.
- Fluent English.
- Qualified accountant with substantial financial reporting experience (in-house and/or audit), including using SAP in this context.
- Strong proven technical accounting capabilities (for example Big-4 trained).
- Strong excel and system skills which promote efficient working.
- Singapore/Malaysia statutory and tax knowledge/experience/qualifications.
- Able to independently lead initiatives and people to successful outcomes. Demonstrates future leadership potential.
- Take initiative to naturally drive for results, looks to add value. Energetic, engaging and positive approach.
- Instinctively lean, looks to improve the control environment and make processes more efficient.
- Strong communicator and influencer, both within and outside finance. Able to work with colleagues at different levels including senior management.
- Team player. Looking to develop people management skills and experience.
- Accurate and attentive to details.
- Comfortable working in a changing environment typical of a fast-growing business.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in Operations hubs. Familiar with tax and transfer pricing concerns.
- Experience working with SAP Business Warehouse / Business Objects, OneStream.