- Salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
About the role
- Primarily responsible for accurate and timely accounting for the US Market. Also, supporting Mexico, Canada, and Latin America expansion on an as needed basis.
- Perform Month End close for the US Market to prescribed deadlines with no material misstatements.
- Safeguard Dyson financials via application of accounting policies and guidelines.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations to high standard and in line with deadlines.
- Preparation of annual Statutory Accounts (if necessary), annual Statutory Disclosures, and annual assessment of Internal Controls.
- Support the year end external audit requirements.
- Responsible for promotional spend accruals and reporting. Partner with Sales Finance teams and the AR deductions teams to ensure timely and accurate postings.
- Support global Finance Center of Excellence teams, including providing guidance to our overseas partners.
- Prepare the monthly cash flow forecast submission, being able to communicate key drivers and any subsequent variances.
- Provide understanding of performance drivers for the month and follow up as required, investigating all variances and issues.
- Ensure knowledge of markets both from a controls and commercial stand point are maintained.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the markets (Commercial Finance teams).
- Prepare and distribute all Month End reports, insightful and informative commentary & KPIs in line with the FCoE/Market SLA.
- Support line manager with the review and updating of the Customer Board Pack commentary and metrics, ensuring it is relevant and informative to drive valuable discussion.
- Support various projects, including the transition to SAP S4 Hana, Direct expansion, etc.
- Work at the same pace as Dyson, understanding any changes impacting Finance and effectively addressing / embedding them in a timely manner.
- Fulfil any other ad hoc responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Minimum 3+ years experience in accounting required
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced IT skills – Microsoft, SAP, OneStream
- Proactive approach with great problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated to achieve results
- Proactively highlights and progresses solutions for issues identified
- Good team player: capable of working effectively with finance and non-finance managers
- Able to travel
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.