- Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
The Global Technology Development department comprises of a diverse groups of curious, world class engineering specialists. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products are on the edge of what’s possible. The Personal Care (PC) Tech Dev team in Philippines encompasses three key disciplines, Fluid Dynamics, Noise and Vibration, and Mechanical Analysis. The team provides technical leadership in the fields of flow, thermal management, acoustic and vibration, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials.
About the role
This position has developed a higher level of knowledge & skill within the field of Noise & Vibration, and is recognized as a valued team player. Working effectively in a team, this individual is expected to provide original assessment and options to technical challenges within a project. To be successful in this role, it is critical to be able to think and act independently while demonstrating the ability to escalate any issues.
Design & Development:
- Takes increased levels of responsibility to deliver support/guidance to assigned projects in the field of Noise and Vibration.
- Deliverables include both experimental testing as well as simulation.
- Deliver output in a timely manner inline with RDD Core Deliverables.
- Takes higher level of ownership of relevant Specifications/Requirements for allocated projects.
- Support departmental goals and long term technology road map. Plan and manage progress of actions, in order to deliver on time.
- Provide inputs to yearly goal setting.
- Expected to proactively identify areas of improvement and to propose and implement improvements.
- Take ownership of personal career development by setting out immediate and long term plan together with line manager.
- Proactively communicate progress to line manager via 1-1 reporting.
Continuing Professional Development:
- Take ownership of personal career development by setting out short/med/long-term plans together with People Manager.
- May be starting to contribute towards development plans & coaching of more junior engineers within own discipline.
- Should ideally be working towards Professional Accreditation (IMechE, Nafems).
- At least a Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Aerodynamics/Acoustic engineering or equivalent, preferred applicants to have a Master degree.
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical product design & development in the field of noise and vibration, preferably in the consumer electrical appliance industry.
- Higher level knowledge of acoustic engineering, mechanical vibration, signal processing, fluid dynamics and statistical analysis.
- Higher level experience in CFD software (eg. ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM+, OpenFoam) would be beneficial.
- Experience on measurement hardware and software for data acquisition, such as B&K Pulse, HEAD Acoustics, MATLAB, and LabVIEW is preferred.
- Competent in the use and application of CAD/CAE tools in general. Experience in the UG and ANSYS suite of products is preferred.
Technical and problem solving skills:
- Ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles required to solve specific problems within the project.
- Demonstrate ability to provide independent viewpoints/argument to a problem, and starting to develop ability to assess multiple viewpoints/argument.
- Able to utilize root cause analysis techniques during problem solving.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise task, typically within a project team.
- Ability to manage technical risk with minimal supervision, covering risk identification, risk analysis, risk response and risk monitoring. Expected to understand the implications to other functions. Good understanding of FMEA techniques & able to contribute effectively to FMEA sessions.
- Will have evidence of strong written & verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly, concisely & confidently present & articulate ideas to larger peer group, often cross-category. Proficient in communicating ideas & concepts. Developing ability to tailor communication to suit different levels & persuade/influence others as needed. Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately. Able to provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate cooperation and interaction across stakeholders with similar goals, often managing familiar and less challenging internal customers.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately. Able to provide constructive feedback.
Extent of guidance or control:
- Generally characterized as a "Skilled Task Completer", with ability to initiate and recommend solutions.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance on assigned tasks.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.