- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Motors and Power Systems
- Singapore - Singapore
The engineer will work within the Motors & Power Systems team to apply their skills and experience in acoustics and vibration to invent the next generation of Dyson Motor technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in existing and future products. He/she will carry out FEA/CFD simulation models and develop analytical methods along with dedicated experimentation to verify findings. This will provide insight into noise generation and transmission to help drive motor projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels, and finally into production. In addition the candidate will be responsible for the application of technical solutions to control noise generated by aerodynamic and vibration sources in Dyson motors.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different.
Provide, co-ordinate and support Noise and Vibration within the Motors group and across RDD:
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to noise and vibration.
Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
Experience in driving new concepts from design to analysis to validation via prototype testing.
Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these noise and vibration solutions to project teams, including senior managers and directors.
Liaise with development and research teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- A first degree in Mechanical Engineering/Noise and Vibration/Aerodynamic or equivalent (Doctorate would be an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insights into complex physical phenomena relating to noise, vibration, vibro-acoustics and aero-acoustics.
- Fundamental knowledge in one or more of the areas: structural dynamics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, strength of materials, vibro- or aero- acoustics
- Experience in using simulation analysis software such as ANSYS, Nastran, Abaqus would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure, Temperature, flow, vibration and acoustic measurement
- Experience and understand of rotating machinery design is preferred
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.