- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is massively critical to our success. But how do we keep it from the prying eyes of the bad guys? Dyson’s Global Cyber Security department works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game. We use pragmatic approach to transform cyber security to enhance our business resilience to better manage potential cyber disruption. We invest new cyber security capabilities and leverage our strong cyber security ecosystems to tackle future threats.
The Cyber Defence Team are the beating heart of Dyson’s Cyber Fusion Centre capabilities. They ensure Cyber Security incidents are managed timely and efficiently across all of our global locations.
About the roleYou will be a part of our 24x7 Global Cyber Defence team with a presence in the USA, UK, EU and APAC regions.
As a seasoned analyst you will perform alert monitoring, incident response, investigation and research on existing and emerging cyber threats. The position focuses on leveraging your understanding of the tactics, techniques, and procedures employed by advanced threats combined with intelligence from multiple sources to respond to a range of different and complex incidents.
You are the defenders of the Dyson network, the guardians of our secrets.
Experience and Accountabilities:
Our Cyber Defence team is tasked with identifying and addressing threats to the business utilising a range of tools and technologies. The senior members of our Cyber Defence team are specialists in a number of areas with particular focus on network and endpoint forensic capabilities. We exist to ensure Dyson staff can innovate in a safe environment allowing Dyson to deliver exciting technology to the market before our competitors.
About youTo be a Senior Cyber Defence Analyst at Dyson candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Delivering an enterprise level service where you have identified attacks, intrusions, unusual or illegal activity and acted in line with an incident management or response plan.
- Acting as a leader within a SOC environment, assist in the development of non-senior members within the team and challenge existing approaches with a view to delivering greater efficiency.
- Working in a close-knit team but with an ability to take the initiative to deliver innovative approaches.
- Own and author SOC playbooks while ensuring they are followed and that they are regularly reviewed to identify better ways of working.
- Reviewing new technologies, working on proof of concepts and helping to decide the future technology stack of a SOC.
- Utilising a range of intelligence sources to hunt for threats across an infrastructure. Taking the lead in threat hunting and training junior members of the team to help them develop into a seasoned Cyber Defence Analysts.
- Identifying opportunities to automate responses to alarms, helping to drive maximum efficiency in a SOC to ensure time and resource availability to identify the true threats.
- Staying up to date with current security trends, attack approaches, campaigns and APT groups with a view to utilizing that knowledge while identifying threats to the business.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.