- $ Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
This role is to provide support within Dyson’s Procurement & Customs and International Trade (CIT) teams for the new Electric Vehicle (EV) Business, reporting to the Procurement organisation. It will be based in Singapore supporting the evolution of the new EV business, with future integration into the other EV manufacturing and operational entities.
This role will assist in the direction and understanding of FTAs compliance, customs facilitation and procedures within the Dyson operational markets (UK/EU/SN/CN including ASEAN countries), to drive the delivering of training and knowledge transfer of the relative FTAs, Rules of Origin (RoO) and CIT facilitation regimes and compliance programs.
To collaborate and support the wider Dyson's EV operations and business functions, suppliers, distributors and markets.
- Lead/support the Procurement team and the wider EV Business (Singapore & Hullavington), championing the understanding of FTAs including the Rules of Origin (Preferential) (RoO), compliance and procedures. Thereby maximising the duty savings.
- Support Procurement in the strategic planning and operational sourcing, to meet the business requirements in line with the relevant FTA(s).
- Provide detailed & technical information to buyers and suppliers in regards to product/commodity HS classification and the FTA RoO.
- Support the solicitation process of Suppliers and the collection and monitoring of Certificates of Origin and/or Long Term Suppliers Declarations.
- Support the control, monitoring & reporting of the origin qualification status of EV Bill of Materials.
- Support in the day to day operation of Dysons Origin Management System (MIC) and Procurement systems and databases/sets.
- Support Buyers and Purchasing managers in FTA dealings and negotiations with suppliers.
- Analyse business processes, identifying areas for improvement and delivering solutions.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure requirements and objects are clear.
- Deliver some FTA/ customs training.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Ideally 4 – 10 years customs experience and International trade experience minimum (good understanding of HS Classification and Free Trade Agreements & the Rules of Origin (Preferential)).
- Good knowledge of analytical methodologies and able to apply them independently in complex situations.
- Ability to dig deeply into issues to determine the root cause; collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and recommendations.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention.
- Self-motivated, able to spot opportunities, drive change, continuous improvement and best practice.
- Strong communicator; able to build strong relationships and convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Good database and computer literacy skills (including knowledge of Microsoft office/SAP).
- Good project management skills being able to drive continuous improvement initiatives and operational/functional capability.
- In depth understanding in the application of business processes, project governance methods and operational/development framework.