- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Claims and Insights, Data Science
- Chicago - USA
The Sr. Analyst will provide actionable reporting of data, analytics and insights to support key sales objectives and drive our channel strategy. Must be willing to use data to support recommendations and outline key risks and opportunities. This position requires a high level of collaboration across all internal groups to determine how we can focus, streamline and improve efficiencies throughout the business.
AccountabilitiesAchieve sales and profit results while driving to the Channel Strategy objectives through the following:
Ongoing retail results analysis and reporting.
- Review ongoing market trends and analysis to support and determine actions that support overall channel strategy
- Analyze key trends to determine to optimize assortments and improve efficiencies
- Prepare presentations and reports to disseminate data to support key decision making
- Market size modeling
- Financial modeling
Work with appropriate project leads on the development and execution of new commercial terms; enable transition from “Pay to Play” to a “Pay for Performance” model.
- Work closely with partners in finance, demand planning, service and sales to support the development of revised commercial terms
- Align commercial terms to Dysons channel and financial objectives
- Work on developing retailer facing training, presentation to support sales implementation of new commercial terms
Contribute to Dyson success
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
SkillsThis is what we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong experience (about 5+ years) in a Financial Analyst role required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Highly Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A high level of proficiency in the use of spreadsheets – the ability to quickly understand business scenarios and model them is critical
- Strong organizational skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- Experience with Retail analytics
- Experience working with a sales function preferred
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.