- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
You are an experienced Android developer, with a passion for Computer Science – including algorithms, design patterns, and are up to date on the latest Android application architectures. You have experience working in teams delivering software using an agile framework such as SCRUM, and you understand how to write quality, unit-tested Kotlin and Java code.
Dyson have a growing range of Internet connected products, including our robot vacuum cleaners and connected air purifiers. Our mobile app, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices. We are passionate about ensuring our app matches the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s engineering team. We are looking for an Android Developer to join the team building this app which supports over a million machines worldwide.
- Developing features for our Dyson Link app, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Working with everyone in the wider team: TPOs, Scrum Masters, testers, cloud developers, UX/UI designers and embedded software engineers
- Working alongside, and helping to mentor other members of the team
- Identifying new technologies, tools and approaches to help continually improve standards
- Android development in Java and Kotlin, to a high level of understanding
- Deep understanding of design patterns, including MVP or MVVM architecture
- Experience of unit testing and an understanding of its importance
- Experience with Reactive functional programming (RxJava)
- Knowledge of the Gradle build system