- £Competitive + benefits
- Malmesbury, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson property portfolio in the UK requires a dedicated person to be responsible for our compliance with statutory building regulations. In particular, Life Safety building services such as Passenger Lifts, Fire Alarm, Sprinkler, Gas Suppression, Fire Fighting and Emergency Lighting systems. The role requires a certain amount of independence from the day-to-day maintenance and operation so that an unbiased assessment of our provision can be established. Therefore, the role will be within the Building Performance team within the wider Building Services department. Implementation of the requirements will be directed towards the Building Maintenance team or external specialist contractors. The role will support compliance of existing assets and the validation of new buildings and spaces.
AccountabilitiesWhat you'll be doing;
- Initiative and Proactivity – Ability to pre-empt problems and proactively take measures to mitigate any loss of system functionality
- Drive for results - Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality
- Concern for accuracy - Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
- Attitude - Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner
- Communication - Ability to effectively communicate and converse with colleagues, contractors and customers
- Planning and Organising - Able to develop a clear, efficient and logical approach to work
- Flexibility - Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations.
- Assists colleagues with their requests and is willing to work collaboratively to deliver results
- Teamwork - Shows the willingness to put the goals of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others
- Manage – Take a more managerial approach as a senior member of the team. This includes managing the physical assets and record information to demonstrate compliance.
SkillsWhat we'd like to see from you:
- A strong work experience with Life Safety systems with an electrical bias. • Electrical competency to IEE Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (C&G). • A comprehensive understanding of Part B of the Building Regulations (UK).
- A comprehensive understanding of Mechanical and Electrical Life Safety systems
- Experience of managing specialist contractors and delivering to a deadline
- Comprehensive IT literacy with the ability to respond to customers emails (Outlook), schedule activities/equipment (Excel) and manage specialist applications/software to aid workflow (Windows)
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Practical experience installing and maintaining Life Safety systems.
- Experience of working on a construction site.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines