- Competitive + bonus
- Information Technology
- Bristol - United Kingdom
We are recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst to join Dyson’s Owner Experience team. Based in Dyson’s software & technology hub in Bristol, you will have the opportunity to work in a community of talented technologists who work with the Dyson business globally to put our customers first.
You will join a team of Business Analysts working in our Owner Experience Platform team (OXP). OXP is an exciting, fast-paced team responsible for the development and delivery of enhancements to support our eCommerce platform, Dyson.com. Now, more than ever, it is important that we understand the needs of our customers and adapt our platform to suit demand. OXP has been successfully delivering new solutions at pace using our agile delivery model.
About the role
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for leading a small team of Business Analysts in the elicitation and elaboration of requirements for our IT delivery team. This is an agile team and has a focus on ensuring the underlying platform technology is supporting the needs of our business. Typical features delivered by this team will include compliance, security and performance enhancements.
You will work closely with the Product Owners to help analyse and qualify new demand from the business. You will lead on the elicitation and refinement of requirements, gaining technical input to ensure they are ready for estimation and development.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will use your knowledge and experience in agile delivery to coach and support our Business Analysts, ensuring that the artefacts are of high quality and delivered in an efficient manner. As well refining and elaborating your own requirements, you will assist the Business Analysts in their approach to requirements delivery, help to remove blockers and actively support them in elaborating the more complex requirements.
Our OXP Business Analysts work closely with key business stakeholders and are responsible for the creation of training documentation, and the delivery of training ahead of features releases to the market.
The Senior Business Analyst will support the Lead Business Analyst in the continual improvement of processes, artefacts and skill sets within the project. You will be part of the quality review process, helping to ensure that BA delivery standards are consistently high across the team.
Our Senior Business Analysts will have line management responsibilities, supporting our Business Analysts with their performance and helping them to develop their skill sets and supporting the development of their career in Dyson.
- You will be an experienced Business Analyst, with demonstrable experience working in agile delivery teams, demonstrating agile modelling and documentation techniques
- You will be able to demonstrate where you have led in the planning and delivery of requirements for complex projects
- You will have past experience helping to shape the work of other more junior team members and improving the efficiency and quality of their outputs
- You will have experience of the wider range of activities performed by Business Analyst, such as process modelling and use case mapping
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to work with a wide range of senior stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood, clearly and unambiguously documented to ensure they can be developed to meet customer needs
- Your written and verbal skills must ensure that you can relate confidentially and effectively to key stakeholders within the project
- You will be passionate about producing quality deliverables, always seeking to develop and improve both yourself and the team that you work with
- You will be enthusiastic to work at pace, embracing the agile delivery methodology of the team
- Working knowledge of Atlassian products, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience of working on ecommerce project, particularly with Hybris or AEM exposure would be especially desirable.
- Experience working with Salesforce desirable
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.