- £Competitive + bonus
- Sales Account Management
- Flexible, with monthly travel to Israel, United Kingdom
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
Our Sales team ensures our machines are presented in an appropriate and consistent way that is recognisably Dyson, to clearly explain our technology and create the right customer experience. This builds our reputation and enables the team to deliver solid long-term sales strategies and plans, while recognising and taking advantage of shorter-term opportunities. In a constantly changing marketplace we sell Dyson technology across the world to leading retailers. We combine global strategy, local market knowledge with the right trading terms to present Dyson in the best possible way.
We’re looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join the EMEA team.
About the role
What you’ll be doing:
Deliver sales results (volume and revenue) and profit of Israel markets
- Drive effective channel strategy execution and range implementation with distributors to accelerate Dyson’s growth and optimise its profitably in line with the market goals.
- Work with the GB&I Marketing, PR and Finance Teams to make and execute integrated business plans for growth and profit.
- Responsible for delivering monthly sales volumes and communicating to the GB&I management team and wider business any changes to budget, target or LE
- Develop and implement joint business plans across major retailers in each market
- Train and up skill the capability of the sales and demonstrator team to increase effectiveness and rate of sale per store – driving best practise across the region.
- Drive distributor sales planning processes to increase forecasting accuracy and ensure monthly delivery of results
- Partner with and oversee the management of the Israel distributor
- Establish strongest possible commercial relationships with key customers
- Work with sales to build network with distributor and branch relationships
- Lead complex negotiations and annual top to top meetings with key customers
- Manage multi-channel business structure to maximise profit
- Build appropriate channel differentiating strategies, working with the Sales Team as well as Group
- Develop Category Management approach, integrated with our channel strategies and retail presence goals (Controlled and Concentrated)
- Validate and oversee a monthly customer volume forecast process – focused on Sales Out -that is 12 month rolling, and ensure a high level of forecast accuracy
- Manage the fulfilment of stock to the market, working with the Supply Chain team, to ensure product availability and adequate stock levels at the distributor and the retailers
- Lead the quarterly business review cycle with distributors
- Drive down customer retail returns
Take the fight for product leadership to competitors and exploit fully our technological advantages
- Proactively coordinate and manage new starters in Sales teams across the region on-boarding plans that cover all elements required to be effective in the role, including but not limited to the Dyson sales process and product training.
- Liaise with Marketing to produce sales aids and materials for use by sales teams across the region
- Work with the Retail Development team to ensure superiority of Dyson’s In Store presence
Sales Capability Development
- Responsible for developing, creating and aligning strategic plans with tools and capabilities to drive execution and performance of our distributors across all markets
- Develop and implement sales systems (forecasting, automation)
- Overview, manage and develop Repsly, as well as similar systems across all markets
- Assess, recommend, and implement process improvements and systems that will drive efficiency of our extended sales organisation
- This role will also lead the analytics of current initiatives and provide operational strategy and run the business support for those initiatives by facilitating the creation of business guides, communication, reporting/tracking, and systems updates
- Manage the approvals process
- Ensure contract implementation is adhered to and terms are observed
- Ensure compliance with competition and bribery guidelines
About youYou’ll need to have:
- Past work experience with full accountability to a market or sizeable trade channel
- Evidence of having managed high performing retail teams delivering excellence
- Evidence of mastering the key selling skills, and ability to demonstrate how those have been central to what the candidate has achieved in previous roles
- Track record of having earned respect and confidence of customer/distributors/retail partners in previous roles
- Excellent organisational and planning ability
- Excellent cross functional team management skills
- Excellent customer relationship and distributor management
- Written and verbal skills - able to communicate at all levels of the business
- Presentation skills – able to communicate confidently in front of a varied audience and to key internal and external stake holders including retailers and Dyson distributors
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Willingness to travel extensively around EMEA region to build expertise
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site Sports Centre
- Discounts on Dyson machine
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.