- $ Competitive
- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
- Location details
Reporting to the Business Analyst Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering and/or leading analysis activity in order to elicit requirements and inform business decisions.
- Working on the implementation and enhancement of single large or multiple small information systems, in line with business need and ensuring benefits realization.
- Investigating and analysing business situations and business needs.
- Identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems.
- Devising and plan analysis approach for large-scale projects.
- Reviewing others work product ensuring appropriate quality.
- Acting as internal consultant to business stakeholders.
- Facilitating appropriate requirements elicitation to inform business solutions.
- Producing or guiding others to produce detailed business models and assist in the preparation of business cases.
- Identify new alternative and innovative approaches to performing business activities.
- Line managing either Associate Business Analysts and/or BAs working to them on a single complex project.
- Acting as a mentor to stakeholders with the business, BAs and Associate BAs.
Core Competencies (SFIA):
Business analysis - BUAN
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Applies and monitors the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
Requirements definition and management - REQM
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Manages requests for and the application of changes to base-lined requirements. Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
Relationship management RLMT
- Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
Business process improvement - BPRE
- Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches.
- Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change programme.
- Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
Business modelling BSMO
- Conducts advanced modelling activities for significant change programmes and across multiple business functions.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of organisation-standard techniques.
- Plans own modelling activities, selecting appropriate techniques and the correct level of detail for meeting assigned objectives.
- May contribute to discussions about the choice of the modelling approach to be used.
- Obtains input from and communicates modelling results to senior managers for agreement.
Benefits Management - BENM
- Identifies specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured, and plans to activate these mechanisms at the required time.
- Monitors benefits against what was predicted in the business case and ensures that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change programme and fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place.
- Supports senior management to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and leads activities required in the realisation of the benefits of each part of the change programme.
Consultancy - CNSL
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- 4+ years broad practical experience in the role, with repeated practice performing business analysis in a variety of complex situations.
- Knowledge requirements will depend on the area the SBA is deployed in; i.e. a BA embedded into a finance team may require SME finance or system knowledge.
- Possess an ability to see the overall picture and how individual actions fit within it.
- Ability to know what techniques to use and what influences the usage of the various techniques for the tasks.
- Have a stong business acumen