- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re growing – fast. Our ambition is huge. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways to work in more new markets and bright new categories.Dyson is different. Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone. But if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
About the roleIn 2020 Dyson’s Indirect Procurement team was shortlisted for the CIPS Awards and achieved Highly Commended for the “Large Organisation Procurement Team of the Year”. You will be joining a team that continually strives to inspire, a team that is expanding to keep up with Dyson’s ambition. This has created new roles for Senior Category Managers across all the procurement categories – Marketing, IT, Property, Professional Services and Head Office. These roles are ‘greenfield’ so are there for you to shape.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a senior individual contributor role in a small, agile, value focused IT Procurement Team. We are looking for people who can create impact and will thrive within a dynamic environment. We are implementing the very latest procurement technology to help us deliver our goals.
Professional growth, management skills development and new opportunities abound, and with a vibrant culture, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are based close to the chilled-out cities of Bath and Bristol or a country cottage life in the Cotswolds.
- Support the development of robust, forward looking global category strategies that align with dynamic business requirements, taking into account regional and national requirements.
- Influence the businesses through strong stakeholder and relationship management
- Live the Dyson Behaviours - ingenious, explorer, fighter and shrewd – and Dyson Values – Different, Authentic, Pioneering.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence in the face of uncertainty and change.
- Know how to be at your best and what motivates you.
- Bring drive, energy and pace to the role and the team.
- Grow a reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility
- Manage sourcing events, with support, and lead negotiations with key vendors
- CIPS or MBA qualified (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years IT category management experience in a comparably sized business
- Confidence in demonstrable experience across some or all of the following: software licensing, enterprise agreements, hardware purchasing, IT services procurement, cybersecurity services, cloud services etc
- Experience in supporting the structuring, RFP-ing and negotiating of outsourcing agreements would be an added bonus, as would experience of software licensing for product
- Understand the big picture thinking, placing your work in the context of what Dyson wants to achieve and what IT needs to do to support that
- Willingness to challenge the norms
- Move fast, focusing on the objective to deliver fast outcomes to tight timelines
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders up to CIO
- Commercially astute with a fastidious eye for detail.
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and tenacious team-player
- Self-aware, knowing own strengths and limitations
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.