- Finance, Procurement
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different.
We’re growing – fast. Our ambition is huge. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways to work in more new markets and bright new categories.
Dyson is different. Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone. But if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
The procurement team is expanding to keep up with our ambition. This has created new roles for Senior Category Managers across all the procurement categories – Logistics, Marketing, IT, Property, Professional Services and Head Office. Most roles are ‘greenfield’ so are there for you to shape.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take leadership of the APAC Procurement Logistics category and be involved in global projects. We are looking for people who can create impact and will thrive within a dynamic environment. We are implementing the very latest procurement technology to help us deliver our goals.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
About the role
The Senior Category Manager -Logistics, APAC will have a solid line report to the Global Head of Procurement Logistics. The role will be responsible for 4 primary areas of activity:
- Adopting a strategic approach, aligned with the global procurement strategy and global category team, to derive value and drive savings from Dyson’s vendor relationships across APAC and globally. This will be a key measurable objective.
- Ensuring procurement-owned systems and processes are fit-for-purpose for to enable the smooth operation and expansion of Dyson in APAC in general and in particular in Logistics, including maintaining and managing an issues log detailing areas for improvement in procurement-owned systems and processes that support the APAC business with focus in Logistics. There will be measurable objectives set around improving processes.
- Being the “voice of the APAC region” in Procurement Logistics for discussions about sourcing and procurements initiatives and strategy and securing the support and resources of the Global Indirect Procurement and Procurement Operations teams to ensure issues are being addressed. Supporting the recently globalized Indirect Procurement organization will be a primary objective in 2021 and 2022, the purpose being to ensure that the capabilities of a global organization are best deployed to hit the key objectives; and that the issues and requirements are escalated for resolution.
- Dyson aspires to build a meaningful supplier management practice which currently is an ad hoc operation. An objective through 2021 and 2022 will be to identify those critical vendors where Dyson can optimally and pro-actively maintain the value achieved through negotiation and contracting.
- Leadership of the regional procurement logistics function, leading business-wide optimization of our cost base by gaining support and cooperation from management teams and key business partners:
- Developing sourcing and negotiations strategies.
- Lead and oversee the execution of sourcing projects to meet business needs.
- Lean into into the global capabilities of the Indirect Procurement and Procurement Operations teams to support APAC initiatives in Supply Chain.
- Using established tools such as Ariba (and other tools you might introduce) to lead supplier selection (RFI and RFP) processes & negotiations, coordinating the relevant cross-functional teams and ensuring best value from the supplier-base.
- Building procurement best practice in an organization that is rapidly scaling and growing.
- Leading a small Indirect Procurement team in APAC, ensuring the development of existing and, as appropriate, additional resources
Procurement team and role attributes
- Be a Dyson “Ambassador” demonstrating behaviours appropriate to Dyson’s core values of being Authentic, Different, Pioneering, both internally and externally, through applying the Dyson Code of Transparency, Loyalty, Fairness, Independence
- Be a highly driven self-starter; having the ability to solve problems whilst working autonomously and as part of a small team.
- Must have advanced negotiation skills, developed over several years at a senior level.
- Demonstrate a positive solution driven approach, that inspires confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Bringing your “best game” every day and understanding what motivates you. Inspiring others, providing drive, energy and engagement.
- The ability to establish a reputation for successful delivery that promotes the credibility of the Procurement “Brand” internally and externally.
- Lead strategic sourcing projects involving 3rd Party Logistics Providers across Road, Air and Ocean Freight, Courier, Warehousing Refurbishment and Repairs.
- Constantly monitoring the supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Drive strategic supplier relationships forward across key 3rd Party Logistics Providers.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience of, and demonstrable success in, working within a global procurement team managing indirect categories such as Logistics, Marketing, Professional Services
- Bachelors degree in business or supply chain is required for this position. (MBA Preferred)
- Develop & lead category plans that are aligned to Global strategy, working cross functionally with regional and international stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to influence and lead the businesses through strong stakeholder and relationship management.
- Must possess excellent communication & presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior level stakeholders up to Board level.
- Must have experience of negotiating complex, high value contracts
- Experience of the use of on-line tendering tools (like Ariba) to run the end-to-end tender process.
- Proven track record in delivering results in favourable and unfavourable conditions
- Strong cross- category or logistics operational knowledge and the ability to move across indirect categories.
- Excellent numeracy & analytical skills (Excel).
- Proficiency using data analytics software’s, Tableau, Power BI, others.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.