- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the role9 Month Fixed Term Contract - Based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire
The Personal Care Brand Team is responsible for bringing our engineering, technology and products to life through our communication strategy; increasing brand awareness, brand advocacy and driving conversion. Like everything at Dyson, our experience & customer journey is designed with our consumers at the center. We work at pace which underpins are culture and ability to continually transform our business and marketing model.
Our aim is to create inspired and highly differentiated consumer experiences that amplify the pioneering technology we make. This role is responsible for delivering the category P&L, driving category awareness and focus on using Hair Health credentials to establish Dyson as a serious contender in the Beauty sector. You’ll collaborate with and pull on the expertise of colleagues in media, PR, Direct, Indirect, Creative, owner experience and work with global to provide local commercial contexts to influence strategies.
About the Role
Support the Head of Category in setting and delivering the Personal Care strategy and budget.
- Support and shape annual strategic planning process through insight, new ideas and make recommendations about how to improve business performance.
- Support the budgeting process through accurately forecasting marketing investment requirements to turn strategy into tangible action (Consumer + Professional).
- Be the category advocate, collaborate and engage with commercial teams and Sales leads on best practices.
- Setup and define the Professional business to unlock advocacy, create the GB GTM strategy and get support in the business at annual budget planning to deliver plans in 2022.
- Ensure business functions understand and believe in the Personal Care GTM strategy. Ensuring implementation of UK range principles, delivery of strategy and achieve category KPIs to affirm presence in the beauty sphere.
- Define the Personal Care target audience from Global segmentation work, media learnings and owner data to trial and optimise approaches; utilise for audience targeting and distribution opportunities.
- Oversee forecasting to align with budgeting and demand planning for the category.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement product updates, including tactical SKUs, range transitions for end of line product to ensure approach is delivered on brief.
- Launch new products and campaigns into the market. Gather and lead insight delivery on relevant customer segments to influence and inform the formulation of channel strategy and creation of compelling campaign materials. Measure ROI across all marketing activities to drive confidence in decision making.
- Use market insight to influence GTM plans with a data first mind-set; leverage MADE, media learnings and retail activation learnings. Shape and oversee premium omnichannel experiences to put the shopper first and unlock credibility in the category; and where possible personalise the experience.
- Strategically support Direct and Indirect teams to deliver compelling and exciting Marketing initiatives for campaigns and NPD launches. Accountable for ensuring the GB market has a consistent experience and voice at every touchpoint
- Attend monthly Finance reviews with Global to update on in month performance as well as Risks and Opportunities to the P&L.
- Responsible for having key insight on market data and KPI’s to provide insights to Global for product and creative requirements.
- Assess model for owner engagement making recommendations on strategies to encourage cross-sell, reduce CPAs and ideas on how we might better engage with owners.
- Drive strong narratives and business cases to influence leadership to ensure the right support is being given to the category.
- Foster strong collaborative working relationships across all functions (internally & externally).
- People management experience preferable, may be expectation of line management
- Create stimulating and engaging working environment that inspires creative and innovative marketing ideas
- Responsible for building and coaching high performance amongst the broader GB marketing community.
- Support the Head of Category and Marketing Director and deputise for the Head of Category as and when required.
- Responsible for and monitoring the budget for the category with other senior stakeholders.
- Establish an evidence based approach for business pitching focusing on measurable KPIs.
- Be able to complete the 9 month fixed term contract
- Solid marketing background with proven experience on launching new products into market, ideally in a premium brand or technology environment
- Mandatory to have had experience of brand and category management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications
- As our Senior Marketing Manager, you will have a proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
- An effective communicator with strong presentation skills and have the ability to influence others
- You will have been at the forefront of driving customer engagement and thought leadership within your recent role
- A visible passion for product & beauty
- During peak periods, there may be line management opportunities
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.