- Manufacturing and tooling, Energy storage, Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
AccountabilitiesThere will be a number of challenges involved in scaling any technology and solid state batteries are no exception. Dyson is pioneering the scale up and commercialisation of this innovative new technology and as such significant process development would be required. This role is to become part of the team that is going to succeed in overcoming these challenges by using the experience, engineering excellence, clear thinking as well as innovative designs to keep the company at the leading edge of this technology.
• Degree or postgraduate degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
• Significant experience developing methods for the physical, structural and electrochemical characterisation of materials and devices.
• Has used analytical skills to develop a product/idea/process from concept to technology demonstration.
• Has used analytical skill and insight gained from materials characterisation to influence product or process improvement.
• Post-graduate degree
• Knowledge of analytical techniques used for the characterisation of battery materials (XRD, XPS, ICP-MS, Raman, SEM…etc)
• Experience of Battery material development and test cell assembly (Anodes/ Cathodes/Electrolytes)
• Experience of working with Air sensitive, unstable or pyrophoric compounds
• Familiarity with Risk Assessment, COSHH, HAZOP processes
• Experience of working in Hazardous & complex environments, (e.g. dry / explosive / particulate / vapour)
• Confident in Data acquisition & Processing – Scientific in understanding but engineering in mind-set.
• Proficient in MS Office packages including Excel
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidized café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines