- Competitive salary
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Shanghai - China
As our ambitions increase we will advance ever further into the worlds of connectivity, sensor technology, machine learning and AI, as well as deepen our work on motors, batteries and hardware. It’s vital that we have the best spaces and brightest minds all around the globe.
- Interact with a global team including product developers, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and app developers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
- Develop digital experiences for Dyson products integration with 3rd party cloud services.
- The role will include system architecture, prototyping, implementation and test.
- Your solutions will need to interact with Dyson mobile apps, web solutions and hardware using a range of technologies.
- Your work in scaling solutions to match our growing connected product range and user base will be key to success in this role.
- Help to mentor other members of the team and contribute to our development process.
- Bachelor Degree or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals which includes OO design and Design Patterns
- A track record in Cloud service development and test
- Significant development experience in C# .NET and Node.JS
- Familiar with MQTT and evolving IoT protocols
- Demonstrable experience in delivering solutions using AWS including Lambda, AWS IoT, VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), ECS, Docker and Cloudwatch
- Design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) and data formats such as XML, JASON etc.
- Familiar with relevant test methodologies and tools including SpecFlow
- Network and Web security (secured cert service and mgmt., DNS, firewall and etc.)
- Experience with Atlassian tools including JIRA, Bitbucket & Bamboo
- Considerable experience with Agile development process with respect to developing user stories, scoping and estimating the tasks for the sprints and collaborating with stakeholders to fulfil the sprints
- Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community.