- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for all marketing channels covering the GB and Ireland markets, within the Professional function.
About the roleThis role requires an individual that is highly commercial, has a strong background in digital marketing and understands the focus on lead acquisition and driving sales. They will have line management responsibility for one team member who will assist the Senior Marketing Manager in the creation and implementation of the GB&I professional marketing strategy encompassing all trade and consumer-facing marketing, promotion and creative activities as well as driving Dyson’s digital agenda.
The successful candidate will set the example in developing and maintaining strong relationships between the GB & I Marketing team and Group Marketing to ensure that business objectives are met by all parties.
There are 5 areas of responsibility:
1. Supporting the GB&I Director in setting the overall strategic direction for the market
- Support the annual strategic planning process by delivering insight, new ideas and an understanding of the latest digital technologies
- Support the annual budgeting process
- Collaborate and engage with commercial teams (Professional & Consumer) and markets on best practices and ways of working to drive efficiency.
2. Create and execute marketing campaigns across all channels to raise awareness and advocacy for the Dyson Professional portfolio of products amongst a wide range of B2B decision makers across all sectors. Drive sector specific activities to support Sector leaders.
- Build and drive buy in both within the GB&I team and Group to an exciting marketing plan that delivers measurable movement in awareness and advocacy of our cross category product set
- Launch new products into market
- Gather and lead insight delivery on relevant customer segments and sectors to influence and inform the formulation of effective sales strategy
- Strategically support Sales Manager Sector leaders
- Measure ROI across all marketing activities to drive confidence in decision making
3. Drive a compelling programme of ‘always-on’ marketing activity through traditional and digital channels
- Lead a programme of continual improvement driven by insight on the relevant sections of the .co.uk website
- Identify and implement optimisations to web journeys to convert visitor interest into leads
- Deliver a programme of digital marketing through email, web, and search and social
- Drive insight from social content
- Analyse, propose and deliver suitable events/trade show opportunities
- Ensure that all creative content across all channels is in line with the Dyson brand.
4. Develop and maintain strong networks with key customer accounts and internal Dyson stakeholders to influence the overall direction of GB&I Dyson Professional Marketing plans
- Foster networks across the Dyson organisation to bring new ideas and insights to improve performance of team
- Leverage these networks to ‘get things done’ and influence the development of global strategic plans for the B2B sales channels
- Support the sales teams with customer meetings, demonstrating Board Room capability
- Know key customers and support their growth and retention
5. Demonstrate strong leadership, coaching and development plans for Marketing team
- Offer regular support and coaching
- Create stimulating and engaging working environments
- Create a culture of motivation and physiological safety to allow team to flourish
- Expertly manage complex HR challenges that might arise to best support individuals and the Business
About youAt least 5 years’ experience in a marketing/digital marketing role.
Digital marketing experience essential.
- Held a senior commercial marketing role for at least 2 years, with line management responsibilities
- First-hand experience of driving customer engagement
- Strong understanding of social media, website metrics, email marketing and search
- Passionate about customers and opportunities to drive clearer communication that drive conversion
- Effective presentation skills to both internal and external audiences
- Strong leadership ability
- Organised and forward thinking with initiative and a self-starter
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Creative thinker that can introduce innovative solutions into the business
- Excellent relationship builder with proven Stakeholder management
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Effective communicator
- Strong team player across differing disciplines
- Able to manage complex projects with calm delivery – not easily flustered
- Enjoys working across a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proven development and coaching success
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.