- £Competitive + benefits + bonus
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for someone to tell stories with us, and lead our communications plans across Great Britain and Ireland. The successful candidate will have outstanding relationships with top tier media in the UK and ideally across the region. They will be hands on: managing an in-house media relations team in the UK. They will have an innate ability to tell inspiring stories, weaving together multiple narratives, and a leadership style that inspires and motivates their team to achieve unrivalled performance.
AccountabilitiesWhat you'll be doing -
- Devise and implement the communications strategy for Great Britain & Ireland with a focus on telling stories around our problem solving core technology, our products, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy
- Ultimately we want to promote the good news, and manage the bad to inspire other influential people to spread the word on our behalf
- Oversee a programme of proactive media activity maximizing each and every narrative to build Dyson’s reputation as a global technology company and support the sale of our technology
- Manage the monitoring, analysis and response to press coverage and social media interactions across the region on a timely reactive basis
- Manage a programme of proactive engagement with journalists across a spectrum of media across the region to ensure consistently high level coverage - with a focus on quality, rather than quantity
- Work with the GB&I leadership team to identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organization and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management
- Line management responsibility for the UK media relations team and additional responsibility for mentoring graduates in the Communications team
- Manage the PR budget to ensure we have the tools and resource to have unrivaled communications
SkillsWhat we'd like to see from you - We know who we are, we are looking for someone who can help up to shape the best strategy based on Dyson’s many and varied narratives.
A detailed knowledge of UK media and an awareness of the media landscape in the region. You will have experience of working across borders, having held senior level roles either in house, agency side, or media side.
Ideally you will have had experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Perfect English and a range of other language skills.
- Strong experience in communications roles – either in-house, agency side or as a journalist
- Demonstrable ability to engage across borders, building lasting relationships
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Evidence of experience in managing a media relations strategy to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Company bonus (paid annually)
- Pension scheme
- Private medical and dental cover
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants