- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to the Head of Competitor Intelligence, this role provides accurate analysis on the worldwide competitor market and product trends to support the activities of the Legal team, the Markets, Group Commercial and RDD.
1. Analyse key/emerging competitors, technologies and trends that could impact Dyson’s business and utilise this information to formulate actions plans
1.1 Analysis of competitors’ intents and trends.1.2 Create clear actions plans for the Dyson Group through partnerships with the Commercial team and the Markets.1.3 Prioritise key competitors or key competitor actions.
2. Proactive collection and analysis of market data to monitor key competitor activities and identify emerging competitors in the global market place
2.1 Identify key competitor activities that impact the Dyson Group.2.2 Collate information and intelligence on key competitors from a variety of sources – Claims and Performance, Markets Insights, Commercial and original research.2.3 Prioritise key competitors or key competitor actions.
3. Overseeing the testing process (this will be managed by analyst reporting into you)
3.1 Prioritise and organise testing of the key competitor products including: management of testing with the relevant Dyson team in UK, Malaysia and third party test facilities.3.2 Have a full understanding of test methods/standards and keep up to date with standards developments.3.3 Analyse test results and report back to Group and the Markets.3.4 Maintain a detailed competitor matrix (including, but not limited to, background information on testing (date of testing, methodology used, and claims being tested against), the test results and the next steps).3.5 Develop and run test plans to support proposed competitor legal actions.
4. Briefing and Communication
4.1 Lead regular calls with the key markets to discuss competitor activities and Dyson’s responses.4.2 Ensure work continues on the library of factsheets and comparative demonstration videos – where they are applicable – for use in the Markets.4.3 Build presentations and train local teams on relevant competitor information.4.4 Create and distribute approved competitor related communications for the briefing, training, and awareness building of the Global team.4.5 Support Group’s strategy against tested competitor machines.4.6 Lead brainstorming sessions on key competitors for the benefit of the Commercial team.4.7 Manage a regular competitor meeting to keep RDD, Product Managers and other key stakeholders informed of latest competitor activity.
5. Support the category legal strategy by interrogating claims made by our competitors
5.1 Provide insight and advice to Head of Competitor Strategy and Dyson’s legal counsel, which may direct the technical aspects of a legal challenge.
6. Continue to identify processes for new ways of working
6.1 Provide leadership to direct report(s) (competitor analyst), and explore new ways of working across teams to complement the categories under investigation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest and understanding of consumer, market and product trends in the personal care category.
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a proven attention to detail and ability to identify key trends in market data.
- Familiarity with or ability to understand technical issues.
- Drive and enthusiasm to work independently.
- Ability to work across organisational boundaries.
- Ability to work in a challenging, dynamic, agile, environment.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role and fulfill other duties as required.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines