- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to the Head of Competitor Intelligence, you will be a member of the Floorcare analysis team, with potential to cover any floorcare sub-category, and ensure it provides accurate and timely intelligence across the global competitor markets. It is likely that you will be given a specific geographic region to focus on. This information is used in order to support the activities and decisions across Dyson, including the Legal team, the Markets, RDD and Commercial.
AccountabilitiesAnalyse key/emerging competitors, technologies and trends that could impact Dyson’s business and utilise this information to help the business formulate action plans
- Analysis of competitors’ intents and trends, both via the information taken from the product, its features and performance, and also the marketing claims and creative content.
- Create clear action plans for your work to ensure we deliver the intelligence required by the litigation Centre of Excellence, the Commercial team, the Markets and RDD.
- Prioritise key competitors (participate in defining these) or key competitor actions and evolve processes and approaches to fit any emerging threat (see 3.1 below).
2. Proactive collection and analysis of market and testing data to monitor key competitor activities, identify emerging competitors in the global market place, and support Dyson superiority positioning.
- Identify key competitor products or activities that impact the Dyson Group.
- Collate information and intelligence on key competitors from a variety of sources –from market share data through advertising, point of sale materials and social media, as well as others.
- Prioritise key competitor products and the actions required to respond to them.
- Support the ongoing market coverage programme as required.
3. Testing and process.
- With the team’s coordinator, prioritise testing of the key competitor products as well as striving to achieve market coverage.
- For your region/markets, manage the competitor launch process using each testing and investigation resource efficiently.
- Help to identify any claims of contentious nature, potentially for Legal challenge and define the specific testing as required. This may involve external test resources.
- Be prepared for ad hoc reviews of key machines, their claims and latest testing data, with members of senior management.
- Support Commercial and market teams with their competitor response strategies which create creative assets and Expert training packs.
- Learn, develop and maintain a full understanding of relevant test methods and standards.
- Analyse test results and report back to Group and the Markets.
- Ensure the team manages process and testing in line with market coverage targets and can identify status via the required data analysis.
- Develop and run test plans to support proposed competitor legal actions.
4. Briefing and Communication
- Ensure that you and your team leads regular calls with the key markets to discuss competitor activities and Dyson’s responses.
- Create a library of factsheets and comparative demonstration videos for use in the Markets and across Group.
- Build presentations and train local teams on relevant competitor information.
- Create and distribute approved competitor related communications for the briefing, training, and awareness building of the Global team.
- Support Group’s strategy against tested competitor machines.
- Lead brainstorming sessions on key competitors.
- Manage a regular competitor meeting to keep RDD, Product Managers and other key stakeholders informed of latest competitor activity.
5. Dyson’s legal technical expert interrogating claims made by our competitors
- Working with Head of Competitor Intelligence and Global Head of Competitor Strategy, provide insight and advice to Dyson’s legal counsel team and external legal counsel, which will direct the technical aspects of a legal challenge.
6. Establish processes for new ways of working
- This role may provide leadership to direct report(s) (competitor analyst), though does not currently. Explore new ways of working across teams to complement the categories under investigation.
- Manage the development of new analytic tools for CST – Market coverage / substantiation sheet calculators.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, prioritise, deliver and evaluate projects individually and with others.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to engage people cross functionally and to influence up, down and across the business.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. Experience in alternative analytics and visualisation tools an advantage.
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to make connections, and perform critical review.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to listen and to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and willing to help improve its function.
- Ability to travel occasionally is essential.
- 27 days holiday & statutory bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Performance related bonus.
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts on Dyson machines