- MYR Competitive Remuneration Package
- Motors and Power Systems, Electronics
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Control System Engineering within the Global Hardware Engineering is setup to have the following responsibilities:
- Apply modern control linear system theory and modelling in the Laplace domain to determine the required stability of classical electronics hardware i.e. power supplies, VOC sensors, dust sensors, heater plates.
- To define and evaluate Commercial Motors Control Algorithms/ Technique for the various types of SPM, IPM and Stepper motors.
- To define algorithms to determine the State of Charge and State of Health for future development of battery systems using Model-Based Estimation and Observe-ability through electrochemical-based models or the traditional equivalent circuit models to predict cell performance.
Resource to apply and establish control theories and systems technique to solve system stability issue and sets performance expectations.
About the role
- Deliver high quality results in support of control algorithm development and systems requirements to execute function with consideration of safety, thermal performance and product robustness.
- Identify and resolve design issues; and perform data analysis and generate comprehensive technical reports.
- Assist verification and validation team validation planning, physical testing and compliance review if required.
- Control System Modelling using (differential equations, Laplace transforms in state space models, discrete time models)
- Design requirements as a control system performance
- System performance analyses using Frequency Response Plots, Root Locus and Non-minimum-phase transfer functions
- Knowledge of Motor Control Algorithm is an added advantage
- Master Degree above in (Electrical/Electronics/Control Engineering) or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working or research experience in the related field.
- Design knowledge and experience in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Control theory, Battery management, Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetic, optics, etc).
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations and documentation.
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team.
- Independence, Integrity and self driven with a strong focus on results.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.