- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re looking for a Senior Copywriter to work in the Dyson Environmental Care team. Reporting to the Head of Copy, you’ll be responsible for writing copy for our Environmental Care machines, including fans, humidifiers, purifiers and lighting. You’ll be a creative thinker, yet also pragmatic at bringing campaigns to life.
You may be a senior writer wanting to move into a dynamic, fast-paced role with a leading technology company, or a middleweight writer looking to make the next step into a senior position.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: we solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard-earned reputation. And every contact with our owners contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy.
The goal of the Copy team is to deliver the Dyson technologies and brand in a dynamic and consistent way across all our channels globally. From launching new technology to delivering tactical campaigns, we create memorable integrated experiences, to captivate and inform both new and existing consumers. We aim to stimulate positive actions from our audiences, whether that’s researching our technology, buying a machine, engaging with our social channels, or helping troubleshoot an issue.
- Help define and plan copy strategy and creative direction.
- Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
- Interrogate creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about.
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of media to create seamless campaigns.
- Build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves.
- Contribute to the overall Dyson tone of voice, writing copy based in fact, scientific principles and clear consumer benefits – not marketing jargon or spin.
- Take responsibility for the basics – grammar, spellchecking and proofing work prior to production.
- Share your knowledge within the Copy team and the wider business, to constantly improve copy at Dyson.
• Extensive experience in a reputable creative agency, in-house team or with a proven track record as a freelance writer, preferably with experience of writing technology copy.
• An inherent skill for storytelling and understanding of narrative structure as a means to engage and absorb people on a human level.
• Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
• Experience of working on digital and print campaigns.
• Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar, with an obsessive eye for detail.
• Strong understanding of creative design principles and processes, and what makes good content perform.
• Knowledge of SEO and understanding of performance and analytical tools.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe and web software.
• Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and to judge what makes good Dyson communication.
• Confident and articulate, you’ll be no stranger to presenting your work with passion and enthusiasm, supporting your thinking both with clear rationale and creative expression.
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Free on-site parking
- Sport centre
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays